Altitude


There's an attribute for which I am known for. One for which strangers are prone to comment on when we first meet or notice when I leave my seat. At 5'11, I stand taller than most and it seems as if I cannot walk into a room without comments about how far my head resides above the ground. I've grown accustomed to the gazes and while some may shun me, most are amazed by my stature. But as usual I stride like a model whilst minding my own business or just pretend they're fans coming to gawk.


Most times I can't help but appreciate the attention to detail in noticing my stature. Nothing pleases me more than hear someone say "wow you're tall!". I'm glad that I enrapture so many people's attention. But even better, hearing the vertically challenged beseech me to reach out things for them. I help them out happily because tall is something that I'll always be.


What most people don't know is that some things you'll never get to see unless you are as tall as me. I see the world from a different view. In the past, I had always been one of the tallest in school and sometimes I wasn't comfortable until I realized that tall people actually rule. I would get into trouble in school, (for petty things obviously)  and  my mates would get punished but I'd be allowed to walk, untouched, which gives me ample reason to boast. Or maybe it was the way I was so confident yet so humble at the same time. I really wish I knew why I'm so charming or even how. But if I knew I'd probably rationalize it, which  is why I'm better off being in the dark.


I love my height more than anything else because altitude has advantages. It empowers me, and allows me to be myself  such that even if I had the choice I wouldn't want to be short because tallness gives me confidence . When I look at myself I can't help but be pleased at how much of an impression I make. I glide through the crowds with ease and am able to see things without breaking a sweat. My height helps me through all kinds of weather. I'm one of the first to hear of the rain which makes me almost like a weather station. It's the glue for my self-assurance that keeps it all together. I never knew being tall was such a treat until I come face to face with the people I meet daily, especially in campus. 

Truth is, there are some taller than me, most of whom I tend to feel dwarfed  by their larger form. Though it pleases me to know that I am of the giant kind, I get a little sore sometimes when I'm not the tallest in the room anymore. People taller than me tend to bully me but I think that's what all tall people do to those shorter than them. If you're reading this and I've teased you for your small stature, it's prolly because we met somewhere in Tharaka Nithi and you used me as a shade from the scorching sun during school assemblies. Even so, I think a little gift this festive season would be very much appreciated because we all know such services are not given freely and you'd have paid for them sooner or later.


Aside from that, a little note to my new readers, my type is tall, dark hair, kind, brown eyes and witty with a smile so wide, clean and natural. It may not be the model kind but it still melts some walls. So if we ever meet on this journey of life please be kind enough to say hi.

Click below to join my  business empire
Contacts 
inafula7@gmail.com











































































































































Comments

  1. Nice piece of writing. You make me feel like growing even taller ๐Ÿ˜‚. Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece of writing. You make me feel like growing even taller ๐Ÿ˜‚. Excellent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts

Liebe

Against all norms

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *